The Foundation aims to affect meaningful evidence-based change in people’s lives by improving their mental and physical well-being through ocean based Surf Therapy programmes.
Passion with Purpose leads to Possibility for all People.
- Apply by 31 May 2023
- Region: Muizenberg, Cape Town, South Africa
- Type of employment: 6 months (Renewal – funding dependent)
- Fulltime (flexible / includes weekends)
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for executing and delivering program areas of Surf Therapy which is the core of the Roxy Davis Foundation’s mission. The role requires a high degree of multi-tasking, relationship building, and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others. The Project Coordinator will achieve results by organizing, planning, and implementing tasks to ensure that the program deliverables are fulfilled on schedule, within budget all the while growing the volunteer community.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Programme fulfilment
- Develop and implement project plans for each program area, in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders and ensure that the program deliverables are fulfilled on schedule and within budget.
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of project progress, identify areas of improvement, and make recommendations for adjustment as needed.
- Steward project resources, including financial and human resources, to ensure that they are used effectively and efficiently.
- Prepare regular progress reports and update the Programme Manager on project status and milestones achieved.
- Maintain accurate records of project activities, including financial records and project documentation.
2. Project Coordination
- Coordinate with the relevant teams to ensure timely and efficient implementation of the program areas.
- Ensure that all project activities are conducted in accordance with the Roxy Davis Foundation’s policies and procedures, and in compliance with donor requirements.
- Plan and organize events, workshops and other activities to support the implementation of the program areas, this includes logistics, pre and post event management, data capturing, story telling, stock management.
- Supervise volunteers, surfers and partners at events hosted or attended by the Roxy Davis Foundation
- Coordinate and grow grassroot programs
- Develop, coordinate and support a sustainable volunteer network
- Manage social media and online platforms
3. Stakeholder relationships
- Implement quality and quantity reporting for events and services for reporting, fundraising proposals and development strategies
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including community members and families, partners, NGOs and volunteers, to ensure effective implementation of the program areas i.e. to meet the needs of the community
Qualifications and Requirements
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills to evaluate project data and make informed decisions.
- At least five years track record of project management including reporting and financial accountability in the non-profit sector.
- At least five years track record of working with volunteers
- Attention to detail: Keen attention to detail to ensure that project deliverables are accurate and meet quality standards.
- Budget Management: Ability to manage project budgets effectively and efficiently.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English to effectively communicate with stakeholders and team members.
- Computer Proficiency: Proficiency in using Office applications, social media platforms, wordpress and other relevant computer programmes.
- Drivers license and ability to tow a trailer is advantageous
- Evidenced clear criminal record.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and circumstances and adjust plans accordingly.
- Fluent in English (additional SA languages are advantageous)
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders and team members of all ages and abilities.
- Leadership: Ability to motivate and lead teams
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills to manage project documents, schedules, and other project-related information.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems that may arise during project execution.
- Project Management: Ability to plan, execute and monitor projects to ensure timely delivery of project objectives.
- Time Management: Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines.
Must be legally eligible to work full time in South Africa and be willing to travel occasionally. Employment Equity Act – South African (B-BBEE) citizens are encouraged to apply.
Please send a CV and a cover note aligning your skills to that of the Roxy Davis Foundation to firstname.lastname@example.org .