On the 3rd of December 2023 the Roxy Davis Foundation will celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
Every year we celebrate in style – last year we were at the 2022 ISA World Para Surf Championships in California with 14 South African Para Surfers.
This year we will be at Surfers Corner, Muizenberg breaking a record by completing the Wave Challenge inclusive of adaptive surfers and support teams.
The Surf Therapy Fundraiser is to cover the costs for 30 new surfers with disabilities to each receive 6 Surf Therapy sessions in 2024 .
Surfers may come from special needs facilities such as schools, rehabilitation centres or care facilities. Costs covered include disability friendly transport and guardians of children and vulnerable adults.
Entry into the Wave Challenge on 3 December is in the form of a donation.
- For Corporates/Business/Public a donation to support 1 or more New surfers, their 6 Surf Therapy sessions of @ R10 000 per surfer
- For adaptive surfers R150 to surf the Wave Challenge (All adaptive surfers plus teams) and Bonus Wave Challenge (All Inclusive = All surfers together)
- For surfers R250 to surf the Bonus Wave Challenge (All Inclusive = All surfers together)
To thank ‘corporate’ donors for each new surfer they support, 6 of their team members are invited to volunteer on 3 December 2023.
On this special day the Roxy Davis Foundation aims to highlight inclusion and the multiple ways we as a community can adapt – we will do this by sharing the Surf Therapy programme and the positive change it has for people with disabilities.
Everyday people create extraordinary moments, this is ‘your’ opportunity to experience Surf Therapy and make a positive impactful change.
Every surfer needs a team, some 2-3 volunteers/coaches and others up to 8.
Depending on whether you/the volunteer would like to be on land or in the water – you will be allocated a role and receive training on the day.
Safety first – there will be experienced volunteers in every team to make sure everyone is safe and having the best experience possible.
To make this Surf Therapy Fundraiser – Wave Challenge a reality we need your help.
- Please share this fundraising intiative far and wide
- Encourage your office to donate and enter a volunteer team – what better way to celebrate the end of Year as a team AND to gift 6 Surf Therapy sessions to someone in need in 2024?
- Encourage friends and family who live too far away to support the initiative via the remote options availabe; together we can change 30 NEW surfers lives
- Volunteers and surfers please sign up before the 23rd of November
- All details can be found here – Surf Therapy Fundraiser – Wave Challenge
The more volunteers there are, the more surfers there will be to complete the RECORD; we have a waiting list of surfers, together we can provide the much needed inclusive environment, Surf Therapy and make a NEW RECORD by surfing the Wave Challenge.
Feel free to get in touch with me if you need anything,