- This event has passed.
Surf Therapy 18 July 2021 (postponed)
July 18, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Welcome to our Surf Therapy Clinic
The clinics are designed for:
- anyone who lives with a disability and would like to surf (includes physical, intellectual and behavioral)
- community members who’d like to volunteer their time and support in making a surfer’s dream come true
Below you can signup to surf or volunteer at the next event(s)
NB – The safety of our surfers and volunteers is paramount, by signing up you agree to adhere to all COVID protocols published by the government at ALL times, not just at our event
Here’s a summarised version of what you need to know (more to follow on confirmation of your session):
- surf sessions for volunteers and surfers are by appointment only
- support teams are made up of a Covid Compliance Officer, a trained Adaptive Surf Coach, a trained Head Volunteer, trained volunteers, and trainee volunteers
- depending on the needs of a surfer there will always be a min of 3 or a max of 8 team members per surfer
- for the foreseeable future and with stringent health practices in place each session is planned balancing the number of surfers, their needs, availability of volunteers, skills and Covid protocols
- *NB for safety reasons the surfer and volunteers will/may come into contact with each other
- surfing is scheduled around low tide as this is the safest time to surf for the majority of our surfers
- all volunteers are required to attend a briefing or training session
All you need is a sense of adventure and community spirit!
It is a 2-step process to get involved
- Make sure you have completed the annual registration form (fill this in once)
Register to Surf here
Register to Volunteer here
- If you’d like to surf or volunteer in the next 3 months, please sign up here
We’ll be in touch and confirm your availability for each clinic.
Thank you to our sponsors, volunteers and donors for making these events possible. If you would like to be part of our surf tribe changing a life one wave at a time please donate here.