- This event has passed.
Free Surf Therapy Clinic on Sunday 19th July 2020 (TBC)
July 19, 2020
In consideration of the current global concerns around the Covid-19 pandemic and the wellbeing of our surfers and volunteers our free Surf Clinics have been postponed. The dates here are tentative and will be confirmed with registered surfers and volunteers as soon as it is safe for us to resume these group events.
The Roxy Davis Foundation aims to show the community and people living with disabilities that surfing is a possibility and we make it possible. Adaptive Surfing and Surf Therapy is rapidly growing and we are dedicated to assisting with this growth both locally and nationally.
Who can join?
- Anyone with a physical, intellectual and/or behavioural disability who would like to experience the ocean and learn to surf
- Community members who’d like to volunteer their time and support in making a dream come true; for each Surfer we need +-10 helpers on land and in the water. As a volunteer you will be part of a team led by a qualified Surf Therapy Coach and an experienced Head Volunteer – no previous surfing experience required however you must be in High School, 13 years or older and water safe i.e. able to swim unaided in the ocean. All water teams are no more than waist deep in the ocean.
All you need is a sense of adventure and community spirit!
- Complete the annual 2020 Surfer Registration form here – (complete once)
- Booking for each confirmed event is essential and will be open a few weeks before. The number of surfers at each event is limited to the number of volunteers and resources available; please encourage friends and families to register as volunteers.
- Complete the annual 2020 Volunteer Registration form here – (complete once)
- Booking for each confirmed event* is essential and will be open a few weeks before.
- If you’d like your volunteer hours signed off, please bring the necessary forms to each session
- Encourage your friends and family to join, the more volunteers we have the shorter the surfer waiting list becomes
- In the meantime we will focus on background elements that keep the Foundation active, up-to-date and delivering quality services. If you have any ideas or are keen to contribute, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Exact event times are tide dependant