- This event has passed.
Free Surf Therapy Clinic on Sunday 15th March 2020 (postponed)
March 15 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us at our next free Surf Therapy Clinic.
The Roxy Davis Foundation aims to show the community and people living with disabilities that surfing is a possibility and we make it possible. Adaptive Surfing and Surf Therapy is rapidly growing and we are dedicated to assisting with this growth both locally and nationally.
Who can join?
- Anyone with a physical, intellectual and/or behavioural disability who would like to experience the ocean and learn to surf
- Community members who’d like to volunteer their time and support in making a surfer’s dream come true
For each Surfer we need +-10 helpers on land and in the water. As a volunteer you will be part of a team led by a qualified Surf Therapy Coach and an experienced Head Volunteer – no previous surfing experience required however you must be 13 years or older and water safe i.e. able to swim unaided in the ocean. All water teams are no more than waist deep in the ocean.
All you need is a sense of adventure and community spirit!
- Everyone is required to complete the annual 2020 Surfer Registration form here – (complete once)
- Session 1 for 1st time surfers is fully-booked
- Session 2 for returning surfers – book your follow-up session on 15th of March at 12h45 (limited spaces)
- Everyone is required to complete the annual 2020 Volunteer Registration form here – (complete once)
- Sign up to attend the Volunteer Induction here – (complete once)
- Sign up to help out at the March Surf Therapy Clinic here (times are on the form)
- If you’d like your volunteer hours signed off, please bring the necessary forms to each session
- Encourage your friends and family to join, the more volunteers we have the shorter the surfer waiting list becomes